Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Recent Obsession

     Oh my Glob! Veronica Roth is probably my new favorite author! Divergent and Insurgent were A-mazing! I love Four and Tris! If you have read Divergent, go here: Divergent by Veronica Roth- My Review and watch the video. My Insurgent review should be up soon as well. Some people probably think I am conceited now, because I said I was smart, but I assure you, I was merely joking. Anyways, these are for sure two books that anyone would stay up all night reading! I did. Actually, I didn't have to stay up all night reading Divergent because I read it all in one day. One school day, no less.
     I had an ordered list of certain books to read. The list went: Torment by Lauren Kate (check), Passion by Lauren Kate (check {Rapture would have been next but I didn't have the money for it at the time}), The Host by Stephenie Meyer (check, and I saw the movie shortly after), Divergent by Veronica Roth (check, obviously), Iron King by Julie Kagawa, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (I'd be rereading this), Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (another reread I haven't done yet), and Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. My intentions were to stick to this list NO MATTER WHAT! However, after I read Divergent, I was like, "Screw the List, I have to read Insurgent!" So I hurried and ordered it with my next paycheck. I would have read it so much faster if not for the fact that I was so busy when I got it, and then I supposedly had a bad attitude, so my heartless mother took it away right when I was in the middle of a suspenseful part. UGGHHHH! Anyway, when I finally got my book back, my mother had to work that night. My father, bless his heart, is entirely oblivious to my devious endeavors. He asked for my computer, my kindle, and my book, obviously. My father doesn't really pay attention to the books I read, so I hid Insurgent under my mattress and handed over Clockwork Princess instead, because it is hardcover and relatively the same size. I wrote a similar story a while ago about how I managed to read the Hunger Games trilogy behind my parents' backs.You should read it so you can use my strategies to your advantage if your parents are joy-shunning tyrants like mine... Just kidding! I love my parents. I just hate their punishments. I didn't feel as much like a magician as I did before, though, because honestly, my father doesn't care all that much. Seriously, I read until 3 AM with my floor lamp on... The sad thing is that I don't even really feel bad about my trickery. I feel powerful and clever. I'm sure all of this is sharpening a useful skill that I will be in dire need of in the future. Yes, that is how I justify it. Plus, it's not really hurting anyone, right?
                                    Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment